PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2013, 09:14
PLovett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few years ago I worked for a time in a simulation company that offered "flights" to the public in a quasi-737 simulator. No, it wasn't the flight experience mob who advertise for staff these days and, no, it wasn't Microsoft Flight Sim.

One of my customers was a senior journalist who plied his trade in Canberra. He was also something of an aviation enthusiast and we had an enjoyable hour in the simulator. After the session was over there were no further customers and he had some time to fill so we sat down over a coffee and discussed aviation.

This would have been back in 2010 and I pointed out the dire state of aviation matters at the time quoting several examples. I suggested that he contact Sen. Xenophon on his return as he was at the time already showing a keen interest in aviation matters. End result - nothing - not a peep. The public don't think it is an issue.

Kudos to Ch 7, but I suspect the reason was that there was an issue they could ambush the present govt. over. I suggest that if the parties were transposed it would not have been raised. Ben Sandilands is the only journo who takes aviation seriously and he is preaching to the converted.