PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 29th Aug 2013, 08:03
Grenville Fortescue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe (given the tack which the general response has taken since this tragedy) that a comparative review of North Sea operations (overall) is inevitable.

This, necessarily, should include the Dutch and the Danes of course as well as any other providers.

I think most would be keen to discover whether there are any significant differences in the flight crew training and maintenance regimes between North Sea operators.

But, experience also tells me that sometimes it isn't just the seemingly significant variations which always possess the answers for it could just as easily be something subtle which contributes to an overall enhancement in safety.

Such a review should be conducted if for no other reason to verify that the overall standards are comparable so that this comparison can be dropped from future debates. Hopefully along the way some beneficial lessons can be learned.

From PPRuNe I suggest we pack off Mechta and HeliComparator to join the assessment team!