PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 29th Aug 2013, 07:28
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
AIRWAVE 45 Biggles suggestion that we give you guys some visibility of the levels of automation is fully supported by me. If you and others like you, would like to see the EC225 in all its glory my XMT have given me the opportunity to demonstrate this to you in our Full Flight Simulator.

PM or call on the number given. It may not help you overcome your fear of the helicopter but it will make you understand just what a tremendous step forward the EC225 and the procedures we emply to operate it, really are. AW and Sikorsky are fine ships and as a 2.5K S61 driver I have a huge affection and respect for the Sikorskys. however, the EC225 is the cutting edge in terms of RELEVANT automation and systems integration. AW and the S92 have some great advances too and they will catch up.

Having said all of this I wholly agree with all your posts which are eloquent, well constructed and logical. Even one accident is unacceptable. loss of life intolerable. I can tell you that my Company's approach is that no stone shall be left unturned in resolving these issues and no steps ignored that could or would reduce risk to zero. This is the aim. In aviation we will forever by judged by our ability to be as close to that aim as possible.

Keep providing us with your opinions which 99% of my professional colleagues appreciate, understand and value. You represent what this is all about. the passengers.

SASLESS - Big respect for your support for the NS industry with you insightful posts and sharing your experiences with us. hands across the ocean!! Some of our wierd culture must have rubbed off on you eventually!!

DB