PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good or bad idea for airlines?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2003, 09:42
OBK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to understand tho that my ideas where related to sponsorship. Making it 35, adds another coouple of hundred applications. Also, the upper age limit of 30 justifies quite a lot of things about an applicant. If you can say that at 33, wanting to apply for a sponsorship scheme along the lines of my idea, that you have only got 200hrs in your logbook, and are seeking SPONSORSHIP....then the airline may be led to think "why has it taken them 10+ years to get a PPL with 200hrs". You may argue that since 17 you wanted to be a pilot, but this means that for 16 years, it's taken you this long to get to the stage of applying to sponsorship?

I dunno, I am just trying to anticipate what real airlines would think to my idea. In an ideal world for a wannabe, it would be great to have "age limit for application 50" or whatever, and then just have a recruitment selection where by everyone who applied (and meets criteria) gets to jump in the 767/757 sim (or whateva), fly around for 30mins, do a few tech quizies, personality quiz, and bobs your unckle...the one with most potential to be a pilot wins. Airline puts £80,000 in your back sky.....but we all know it isn't like that.

Thanks for your participation in the thread tho