PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A109SP (GRAND NEW) Operators (Problems TR?)
Old 29th Aug 2013, 04:50
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't quite get the full meaning of the reference to other operators. Are you saying this issue will also affect the earlier 109S aircraft? It has the same tail rotor, same MAUM.
I'm not sure if and I doubt if it affects older S models, the S does not have the same Flight Control Computer, plus the S has considerable differences in fuselage and other major components from the SP.

The Bulletins that Agusta came out with to resolve the issue, involve modifying the SP model FCC software, plus other mechanical items.

I have flown the S model and then the SP, and the SP has definately LESS TR authority. This is why I understand REGA choose to complain about problem to AGUSTA, but the latter I believe has decided to selectively solve the issue for only some customers, I'm guessing for economic reasons? If you think about it REGA has a lot of say as they are a large operator of the same model, but all the other scattered operators are not as powerful, plus the fact that a lot of these other scattered operators rarely go up high which is where the issue becomes a dangerous issue, and noticable.

In addition to the above mentioned problems, we have had problems with the Engines going to MANUAL during shutdown to which PW and Agusta are clueless about, tons of problems with the Autoflight Trim Actuators, and just recently we have had continuous disaligment issues on the link that slides the TR pitch change bearing, the other SP operators around here are also complaining about the same issues, but Agusta seems to be able to do very little.

Last edited by BlenderPilot; 29th Aug 2013 at 04:52.