PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air B200 Operational Questions
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2013, 03:09
LASJayhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyName... Yes I understand the difference between the 90's and the 200's. I mentioned it in passing if some 90 driver comes by and thinks a KA is a KA.

Damn, I'm going to have to transcribe this all by hand. It's a major PITA to print the iml from an ipad, so I will type (i hope without many typos) From chaper 28-20-00 of the super king air 200 (aka B200) Maintenance manual Rev

28-20-00 page 2 rev Nov 1/07 (revision date of the page in the current manual)

Jet Transfer Pumps:

A jet pump mounted directly (snip)

Once the motive flow valve has opened, the jet transfer pump will continue to transfer fuel from the auxiliary tank to the nacelle tank for as long as either the engine-driven boost pump or the electrical standby boost pump is operative and there is fuel in the auxiliary tank. An overflow line (snip again)

No mention of requiring fuel in the mains, and that is what makes me guess it is loading in the wings for lack of a better explanation.

It goes on to explain that the jet pump won't be hurt running dry, but could draw moisture into the fuel system if not made to shutdown.

Taken from the super King Air 200 series maintenance manual P/N 101-590010-19, Revision C13, May 1/13

IMHO: it may not matter as much in a civil KA that is grossed at 12,500...but the military ones IIRC are 14,500.

Covey582, sorry for hijacking your thread. I know the perfect person to answer your questions, but he doesn't hang out on PPRuNe, mainly BeechTalk. I'll either get him to sign up, or I'll email the questions and post the answer.