PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - study hours for ATPL's
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2003, 09:21
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pockets,

It took me exactly 12 months. I studied almost every weekend, as well as a couple of nights a week after work. The quoted figure, I think, is 750 hours minimum, of which 10% must be on a brush-up course. I think that sounds pretty reasonable as a minimum, but because I didn't keep track of how many hours I studied each day, I can't be sure - but obviously the more hours you put in each week, the quicker you'll finish.

As to fitting in around work, this is tricky, but not impossible. Do a search and you should find some information - I know I've posted on the subject several times recently. 40 days a year is a hell of a lot of holiday - 8 weeks! With most schools, you'll need 6 weeks holiday for the ATPL exams - 2 lots (one per module) of 2 weeks for brush-up and 1 week for exams. After that, you'll be looking at a CPL, which can be done in 3 weeks if you go somewhere where the weather is reliable. I haven't researched any further than that yet, but I'd guess with the huge holiday allowance you've got, you should be able to have an ATPL(f) within 18 months of finishing your exams without any trouble.

Good luck!

FFF
-------------