PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAOS and other admin question
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2013, 21:33
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And to reinforce a few things discussed so far, when you pop out of the 150 hours, and you may need more than that, you will be a 150 hour pilot who needs to go find another 50, 150, 250 hours anyway before your resume starts to be taken seriously.

At the end of the process, the total net cost to you will be about the same, and it may actually be more. I have seen plenty of examples. Some do not have a commercial job still, and it is not because they are bad operators, its they need the extra experience that only time brings.

So in my opinion, the 150 hour thing is really not worth it. I would not do it myself if in your shoes, rather I would do the US PPL, learn whatever you can, then do your CPL at a good school, not a sausage factory.

On that topic, in a sim recently with Jaba Jnr and a integrated degree CPL who was heading for an airline, flat spinning something big, the recovery demonstrated by a 10hr BFTS trained Airforce flight screened student was so good that the CPL doubted he could even do that! To be honest, I was surprised and impressed, but then it dawned on me later, the CPL should not have been in any doubt he could do it.

Leadie is no doubt correct. And I would admit that my stick and rudder skills are not as sharp as I would like so I take every opportunity to learn from my older wiser friends. It is far easier to learn all this at the beginning than later on.

All the best