PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many sectors do you handfly?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2013, 20:22
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not an airliner pilot guys, just a normal GA guy but looking at it from my side I recently flew a 172 back from somewhere in **** weather getting tossed around in IMC at a whole FL50. I then flew a PAR which was a break off because some lost clown wandered across the approach, then had another go, broke out at minimums and plonked it down in pissing down rain and a xw gusting above a/c limits.. After a minute to chill after I shut down I walked into the club and asked 'How much would it cost to get a f****** autopilot fitted to that thing.'

Just saying.

And before someone says 'You should have stayed on the ground in the first place'...yeah, I know, but the weather man he tells lies and I don't have instant weather readouts or weather radars and all the other good **** you guys have. It was not an instance where my superior knowledge kept me out of a situation requiring the use of my superior skills...

Be thankful you have all the toys to play with. I know you are commercial pilots and a world away from what I do but it wasn't always like that. I take it you've all read 'Fate Is The Hunter'?