PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore B744 in bad tailstrike @ Aukland NZ
Old 12th Mar 2003, 07:56
BobBuilder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a journo of sorts, not print, but very interested in aviation matters, and after years of reading the 'crap journo' comments I think this one deserves a quick reply. The piece in the link was put together very fast by someone with little time, and it's quite a good piece. Lots of direct quotes, information, and a clear indication of the source of the fire rumour, ie a dodgy quote on a news report. Ends on a clear 'no big deal' from a professional directly quoted.
The original piece is a 'quicky' taken straight from the wire services I would imagine. Everyone wants news fast so that's what you get.

Still news. Jeez, this is called a Rumour website. Are you saying all stories about aviation should be kep out of the media until they pass a professional 'significance' level.

At the moment Concorde is going through a bad spell with minor'ish problems that get in the news, always met with howls of 'what's the story?' from ppruners. Well, get real. It's a story. Think before you post the crap jouno stuff.