PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2013, 16:01
Captthunder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hundredperentplease - Sorry I may have confused matters. I assumed you joined as a Second Officer on a flexi contract as I didn't think you would start as a First Officer on a flexi contract, then get demoted to a Second Officer on a permanent contract for 12 months, before getting promoted back to a First Offcer on a permanent contract.

I had my assessment yesterday and listened very carefully to what was on offer.

Both permanent & flexi contracts are on offer dependant on; base selection, performance in assessment (incld. Sim) AND requirement. Its interesting that every single person I know who has had a successful assessment has been offered a flexi contract. Lots of bases are available including France, Spain, Italy & Portugal.

If you are offered a flexi contract you will join on a CTC contract (there was no mention of Parc). Whether you are classified as an SO or FO was not mentioned and I guess academic. After 12 months (we were told to expect a minimum of 750hrs in the first 12 months), you are interviewed and MAY be offered a permanent contract as a Second Officer on £38k with no sector pay. After 1 years service, you are promoted to First Officer and then as per the details ADM has already stated in a previous post.

Hundredpercentplease - the point I was trying to make in my earlier post was simple - I applied for a First Officers position. That was what was advertised. It is disappointing to have gone through the process and spent a considerable amount of money to find out I am probably gonna get offered the same contract as a young cadet fresh out of flying school.

Of course if they had advertised for experienced pilots to be employed on a flexi contract, I suspect a lot of us would have saved the £500 it has cost to prepare/ attend this assessment and carried on with our lives in blissful ignorance.