PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2013, 14:22
Sprinkles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADM you're still missing the point. What relevance is all the new commands and their T&Cs this year and next to people joining now? How many of the guys applying now will be given a direct entry command? None. I'm not talking about the next 24 months, i'm talking long term in excess of five or ten years. Current figures being batted around for time to command that are joining the company now. T&Cs for current commands are not guaranteed for guys joining now. So whats the point in listing them?

You cannot argue the fact that T&Cs in easyjet have been eroding for the past five years. I think you're either management or a fool if you think Captains salaries or bonuses won't be targeted in the future. Just because BALPA need to be actively involved won't stop easyJet from trying it. BALPA had roaring success with stopping Flexi-Crew didn't they? And if you don't agree with revised Capts T&Cs (when it happens) what will you do? Strike. Good luck with that one.

When I was there I came across just as many Capts who left BALPA as those still in it. Say's a lot!

I will never disagree that Easyjet are big contenders and here for the long term. Yes that's a positive. But that simple fact is why these NECs are so diabolical. FlyBe pilots recently took a pay cut but then FlyBe wasn't performing very well. EasyJet have to be one of the most profitable airlines in Europe right now and you think these salaries are competitive? Or this flexi crew year deal is fair? Of course it isn't. We both know that but because people accept these deals is the reason easyjet get away with it.

If you believe earning potentially £29,111* per year is adequate for guys with experience and families for the job we do then you're deluded. It might be acceptable to cadets with nil experience but we're not talking about them are we?

*Thats how much I would have earned gross for my hours that I flew in that company for a year on flexi crew. Providing I was paid an hourly rate from day one, which I wasn't.

Last edited by Sprinkles; 28th Aug 2013 at 15:02.