PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 45 yo Australia/U.S. Citizen work in Canada?
Old 28th Aug 2013, 13:36
J_I_Logan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi rigpiggy,

No bubble burst, just blown off track and needs a bit of heading adjustment I've lived, worked, paid taxes, fell in/out of love and been chased by villagers with pitchforks and torches in 12 countries now. I don't care where I work, I just want to get the best training possible to do the best job possible wherever that is. As it looks from this hot, flat and dry little island, the best bush training is in Canada. Even if I have to separate 50 hours Floats and Instructor's Ratings between Canada and Hawaii, it still comes out cheaper than just getting an instructor's rating here in Oz. If I could combine 50 hours floats with getting an Instructors Rating I might be able to teach people anywhere in the world a bit more than If I had only done circuits in a 172.

Though I really want to teach and help get more people in the air, that is something to do between all the other flying that needs to be done. I'm not building hours for the airlines, either. The only airlines I would ever be interested in are the ones who fly Twin Otters on Floats. Maybe I just don't like runways....

No matter how it works out, you can't argue that a pilot with 350-450 hours, TW, Aeros, Floats Endorsements, and experience in a slew of planes in radically different environments looks better than a 200 hour sausage