PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 28th Aug 2013, 12:50
Flat Cap

Location: Under a deckchair, Jumeirah Beach, 3 lamppost from the left
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm I'm with Voodoo, four parts 3, with a slug of 2, and a tiny dash of 1. The perfect Cock-Up Cocktail.

PBS is yet another silver bullet management solution; the universal panacea to all our troubles, used to stick a finger in the dam of attrition. PBS does work, well, but only if the underlying structural, scheduling, and personnel issues have been nailed down. Lets face it, the rosters were bad when we had 10 aircraft and manual rostering, bad when we had 20 aircraft and AIMS and as has seemingly already been proven, a disaster with PBS and 30 aircraft.

As with any recovery program, recovery can only begin if you realise that you have a problem and actually want to change and make it better. I've yet to see any evidence that there is even the slightest concern that, on a corporate level, rostering is anywhere near a big enough problem so face up to the challenges and changes required in individual managers and employees confront the problems.

Bottom line, flydubai is what is, come take the money hang on for as long as you can, when you can't handle it any more get out, because those with power to improve it clearly don't, can't, and won't do it.

Shame it has to be what way that because it really could be quite good.

Right I'm off to update my log book!

F-C