PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2013, 12:48
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprinkles - You do not need me to tell you that there is not a single airline who can absolutely guarantee future terms and conditions for its employees. What I would say, however, is that easyJet is in a better place than most to offer long term viability. Furthermore, no changes can be made to Captain's terms and conditions without the active involvement and agreement of BALPA. Therefore, the captain's terms and conditions are totally relevant and of the 120+ captains that have been promoted this year, every single one of them have been given those terms and conditions if they go on a UK contract (which is the vast majority of them). Starting in September, another round of 120 Captains will be promoted, and every single one of them will be given those exact terms and conditions if they stay in the UK. That sounds good news to me. There may be other airlines in the world promoting at that rate, but I do not know too many of them - other than maybe Ryanair. Good luck to you if you decide to work for them, because you will need it!

Returning to the issue in hand, there is so much misinformation on here that it is embarrassing. Can I just emphasise what other sensible people have said - anyone coming to easyJet is being offered a position, subject to passing a probationary year. That year will be spent working on an hourly rate, but historically most people have been paid very adequately during that year. The terms and conditions I have laid out on the previous page are absolutely accurate, and anyone thinking of coming to work for easyJet should read that post very carefully. That is what you will be offered, and if you do not want to come here on that basis then that's no problem. Good luck in your alternative employment choice.