PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia: A-321 210kts at 3.8nms ......
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2013, 08:58
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It beggars belief in this day and age that this sort of show boating continues, we read all to often about far East airlines over runs and most on here shake our heads and go noo noo couldn't happen in Europe, but 1000'ft IMC & 500'ft SAC are standard for most airline, Sarah, its not about what you can get away with, these are not your toys if you find SAC flying boring hire a light aircraft at the weekend and piss about in that. 1250m is no safety gap, what would have happened if the Jet2 had a major problem beyond V1 and left bits of engine all over the runway, or the IB though better of it and went around, loss of separation for sure.

In my company before every take off and landing we review threats, when in Spain we (including our Spanish pilots) often add Spanish ATC to that list only part in jest !! should we add IB pilots to that list, this like the idiots on bikes that do 90 in a 30 limit, sure they can stop quick and its VMC, the trouble is when i judge if its safe to pull out my thinking is based on 30-50, not 90+

Of course if your flying visual approach's in turbo props with like of Binter turning finals over the threshold on a 3k runway it's both fun and safe, but its not the way to fly an Airbus or Boeing, perhaps Sarah should change jobs, but don't come up my arse at 4nm at more than 160-170 or you'll be going around, i vacate the runway when at a safe speed to do so, expedite the runway means you or the controller have cocked up, your cock-up, you sort it