PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greeting to all Air Macau and China Southern pilot :)
Old 28th Aug 2013, 04:46
Arrowhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right let's clear this up.

1) Air Macau has HUGE need for FOs and Direct Entry Captains right now.
2) For FOs, the requirement for non-locals is 500 hours total time, including 200 of instructor/airline/corporate/military (this may be negotiable). For Macau-ID holders the requirement is 250 hours total time. Must have a current A320 rating.
3) The website says 2000 hours incl 500 jet/glass. That's a desire, not a requirement.
4) Macau-ID holders are preferred over expats, but in reality there are virtually none, they dont always meet the standards.
5) If you are interested contact [email protected] or [email protected]
6) If you are local, I suggest you turn up at the head office in NAPE with your CV, go to the 18th floor, and ask to speak to the Chief Pilot's secretary Angela to arrange a meeting.
7) WARNINGS:
- SKILLS: Air Macau has tightened its standards a lot. Its harder to be recruited and promoted than before.
- ITS SLOW: If you do get an interview, be warned that things dont happen very fast. It may take several months to get a start date, and then several more months (on low pay) to finish training.
- MONEY: You will be bonded, probably for USD30,000. Pay will not be great for the first couple of years. Pay rates can and do change, so I wont give details. Suffice to say that 3-4 years in, you will be one of the better paid pilots in the world, but not the best paid. Also, Macau is not as cheap to live in any more.
- MACAU: Is not for everyone. You can get experience, and then forfeit your bond and leave. Many do. Or you can stay for a rapid command, subject to your performance. If you want blue skies and an expat girlfriend, forget it.

If you can afford it, pay for 300-500 hours of A320 line training with someone like Eaglejet, and that should put you at the top of the list. That investment will pay itself back in a year, assuming you meet all the standards.

Do not send me any PMs as I will not respond.

Last edited by Arrowhead; 28th Aug 2013 at 04:52.