PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming vote for cc.
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2013, 02:20
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please consider

I just spoke to a former CX executive, just to get a feel for whether the timing is right for a Pilot pay increase. I thought his experience from previous employment within the Swire Kingdom would provide an interesting background. He advised me that;

CX Executive Management Salaries - These shall remain exorbitantly high due to the difficulty in attracting quality managers. Should a sudden glut of available executives come on the market then management will be happy to consider a pay reduction.

CX Executive Management Bonuses - The current bonus scheme is not something that the executives want, however the shareholders have insisted that management are remunerated with these very high rewards. Management emphasises that this is not something they insist on receiving, but they are grateful for the shareholders caring attitude and thank them.

Pilot pay rises - Salary scales should be capped and not increased due to the unstableness of the regions finances, plus the newer pilots coming through the system are generally younger than the older less flexible Pilots and do not require large salaries to fund selfish indulgent lifestyles.
At the end of the day a Pilot flies not for financial gain, but for the love of flying, for the the feeling of freedom soaring through the sky, and the fulfilment of taking his passengers aboard his shiny jet and getting them safely to their destination. This is something that cannot be quantified, and certainly any genuine Pilot would not carry out this task just for money.

'With economic uncertainty comes financial responsibility and accountability to the Board'

Last edited by 004wercras; 28th Aug 2013 at 02:22.