PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 27th Aug 2013, 20:34
airwave45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airway45. One thing that intrigues me is how do the Norwegian operators ensure that replacement shafts where the oil pump extensions are going to fail are not fitted to Norwegian registered. aircraft.
Not one iota of a clue.
Me, my buddies and the fuel make auw.

What I do know is that there has not been one Norwegian on here giving me a hard time.

Went out for a meal, come back and the conversation has drifted back onto "how well we do things"
And you do. . . . . . Sort of.

The briefings thing.
Imho best if you don't do that.
Along with the epauletes, a bit of mystique makes for a normal pax's confidence in the system.

As a group, you are somewhat predisposed to telling each other how well you do things. Which has it's place.
Probably indicative that you are feeling "got at".

Does a bunch of pilots standing in a circle patting each other on the back about how good they are make me want to get into a Scottish maintanied and run helicopter, erm, no.

Given that a "peaceful protest" is being organised outside the otc gig next month, do I feel the situation will get better soon.
No.

Not one single comment in the last day has indicated to me that any current p1/p2 is doing or organising a sytematic approach to the systemic failures apparent in the Scotish operation.

Now, does anyone have a number to buy stocks in the walk to work systems . .