PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2013, 20:27
E75toDUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think FlyBe are making steps in the right direction. For instance, I notice the option to insure yourself against the £35 change fee for £6 per sector, definitely useful for business travellers.

And on my flights they are always relaxed about people moving to other seats - once the door is shut on the Ejets, and once airborne on the Q400. However, I totally agree that if they are asking people to move, they should be refunding it, charging somebody for a service not delivered isn't cricket.

OK, 2 further recent observations - maybe to keep the discussion ticking along.

1- Why has the share price gone shooting up in the last few week? Obviously this is from a worryingly low level, and still miles below floatation, but 45 -> 75p is not to be sniffed at. Do people think this is just on the back of some vaguely positive economic news, optimisim about the new boss or something else?

2- What is with the long delays waiting for the aircraft to be met at BHX? 15 mins has not been unusual, which is really frustrating when you've landed early. My advice for any FlyBe staff lurking here is that it's unwise for the cabin crew to announce how early you've arrived as you taxi, if most of that gets taken away from me whilst we wait for somebody in a hi-vis vest to wander into view.