PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - tech questions
Thread: tech questions
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2003, 03:24
sam711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel THANKYOU

Thank you Keith Williams for taking the time to offer some very precise and logical answers to my Q's

Sorry to those that thought the original post was a bit much, and yes I did cop a flogging and was about to delete it.

Just to clarify this in my own mind now:

With respect to range / endurance considerations I was led to believe that for a prop best range was where the tangent from the origin touched the power curve (which turns out to be the fourth root of 3 times the min power speed. Which is roughly 1.32 times the min power speed I think). Whereas best endurance was at min power.

But for a jet I thought that best range was at min drag, but best endurance was actually on the back side of the drag curve (one over the fourth root of 3 times the min drag speed. Which turns out to be about 87% of the min drag speed I think)

The difference is significant. Anyone care to comment there?

And the difference between V1, and a V1 for a contaminated rwy too please

P.S. Yes I do have a licence, but it has been some time since I've had the study books out, and I have never flown a transport jet aircraft so I was just seeking clarification from some friendly folks that have