PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 27th Aug 2013, 15:21
pumaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HC first of all everything you have posted on this thread I have to agree with you 100%

With your last post I hear what you are saying but in this difficult situation when we trying to gain confidence back in the sp fleet I think the punters see it that the crews are taking a little more time to take time an answer any queries the punters may have.

I have keep quite for long enough now and will probably get burned but here I go.

Regarding the FB site I think it should be taking down as I do not think it is right for such an a/c that has generated millions of hours and saved the oil companies millions of dollars when criticle spare parts/components have flown out on a sp at hours notice when it could shut down an installation and caused millions of dollars in lost revenue when it would have taken hours by supply vessel.

These small details are very quickly forgotten.

To me this is a total disrespect to the super puma familiy and I for one is very dissapionted at the hatred shown towards the Super Puma

It has flown many millions of safe hours and yes it has had it moments I do not argue with that but what happens if a S92 were to fall out of the sky's are you to start hatered to towards the S92 and have that banned.

To me the Super Puma is a very safe helicopter and very reilable and would rather fly in a Super Puma than any other helicopter.

I here what the offshore worker is saying and fully understand your arguments but you are reacting to an accident we do not even know the cause of, we are in the habit of listening and reading what the media have to say and most of the time it is BS.

Would it be better waiting for the facts to be published and then take reaction to it afterwards than to start a group calling for the scrapping of the Super Puma as simply riduclous.