PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JOB4U S.A. Cyprus
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2013, 12:41
Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tcas 1,

<<How dare you say that! >>

10 years after paying in full for my property in Cyprus I still have not received my Title Deeds - about 30,000 UK citizens are in this predicament as well. The developer keeps on saying that he will complete the complex in a few months - this has been going on for 8 years. He, and his compatriot and their son, own properties in the complex and they just refuse to pay their monthly communal charges knowing that the stupid British will pay for all the expenses.

I could go on and on and I will - the lawyer who acted for me told me that he did not check to see if there was a mortgage on the property because he is not required to do so and I did not ask him!

The government allows developers to take out additional mortgages AFTER the property has been sold.

My property is now worthless as it does not have its Title Deeds and never will so since the developer has no money to finish the complex. He has however - according to himself - managed to build a large expensive house which is in his wife's name!

I have an English Cypriot friend who tells me that the most disappointing aspect of life in Cyprus is "the lies".

Forgive me if I have insulted you but my experience of Cypriots is different to your's.

Deception and lies are commonplace here.

Last edited by Shaman; 27th Aug 2013 at 12:42.