PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast track Command, where?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2013, 11:59
Trossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My current employer has an extended seniority list to get the command ... so by the time I will be offered a command ...
Ah, there's the problem: 'those numbers', a numbers based system for promotion rather than a competence based system. The problem is that you should have been aware of that when you joined so you've put yourself in that position. (And about your terms and conditions being eroded, have you considered how badly they become eroded when your employer goes out of business? Many, many pilots have suffered that one.)

Half of the pilots in the front of any normal airliner are captains and half are first officers, therefore half of a pilot's career should be as a captain and half as a first officer. 10,000 hours is probably a reasonable halfway point hours-wise in an average career, so you've still got a long way to go!

My breadmaker has two options: 'normal bake' and 'fast bake'. 'Fast bake' bakes bread in less than half the time of a 'normal bake'. The quality of the 'normal bake' bread is much better than the 'fast bake' bread. See a 'fast track command' in the same terms.