PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 26th Aug 2013, 23:47
Freewheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airwave, its like this;

The primary goal of the crew is to ensure that everybody sees another day, themselves included. Considerable effort is expended by all of the personnel of an operator, the aircrew, engineers, pax handlers, management etc in ensuring that this occurs. When that effort fails, it is VERY personal.

You have suggested that you feel equipped to decide whether an aircraft, and now you are extending that to an operator is suitable for the entire industry.

You can make your decisions for yourself, not your entire industry. I have suggested an option for you. Your threatening undertone is uncalled for.

Do not seek to demean the operators or personnel of any operator that has had an accident. You have made an emotional response and despite the rebuttal provided by many on this forum you have heightened your response with an emotional tone.

What I and others have said is this; apply a logical thought process to these events. Living involves dying. Flying includes the risk of death, yet statistically flying by helicopter, even by super puma in and around Scotland is a manifestly safe activity.

I recognise that your emotion is hot and that you feel strongly about the fact that your colleagues have perished. Don't for a moment think that they have gone unnoticed.

In parts of the world where immersion suits aren't required and the numbers are fewer, moments like these give pause for considerable contemplation and action.

In other words, chill out grieve and consider your own needs.