PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cranfield University Human Factors & Safety Assessment in Aeronautics HFSAA MSc
Old 26th Aug 2013, 11:38
LookingForAJob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cranfield University Human Factors & Safety Assessment in Aeronautics HFSAA MSc

Sad to hear you say that. Although I have had relatively little involvement with Cranfield Uni, I have heard consistently good reports of the aviation management and HF courses. Similarly, graduates of those courses with whom I have worked have almost always been solid, reliable and knowledgeable colleagues.

You may have been disappointed by your experience but I would advocate comparing your experience with with those who have studied at other institutions before making sweeping statements of this kind. I recall having some similar feelings when I started a Masters course but one has to remember that the nature of post-graduate study is often less supervised because you are becoming more expert both in the subject matter and study/research as well as being, most likely, more mature.

I offer these comments as both a past student and 'guest' tutor on Masters courses (but not at Cranfield Uni).