PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul - selection and terms
Old 26th Aug 2013, 11:11
Guttn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of sound agruments here, but the fact of the matter is that there is not enough positions available and too many unemployed pilots, in addition to liberalization of the profession, and last, but not least, flight schools advertising to wannabes that the industry is screaming for more pilots (yeah, right ) and that a job is almost assured once you get your fATPL and SSTR So which battle should be chosen? We who are unionized will keep fighting and trying to uphold some sort of standard whilst others try to tear them down (though I do understand the need for a job, but please try to work with us when you get that job, not against). ECA is trying to put pressure on EASA regarding, well, pretty much everything that is important nowadays, so how about supporting them in that battle? And how about getting the word out to the wannabes that the real world of aviation isn't necessarily the wonderful world of aviation that certain flight schools want you to believe. Maybe the combination of all of these things can help to put things right, but the golden days are dead and gone for sure . I, for one, have not and cannot encourage any wannabe who saks me for my honest opinion, to begin training towards a carreer in commercial aviation. Period.