PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 25th Aug 2013, 18:37
fenland787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All a company has to do is to write a manual of instructions and procedures for employees to follow, and Bob's your uncle.
HC, I wholeheartedly agree with your posts - they are not rants - I have watched it happen over the years, and indeed, fought a successful rearguard action to try to prevent it for a while! I ultimately lost when I was bought out by a much larger operation who liked the golden eggs but promptly killed the goose they bought by insisting on 'proper' management
When companies finally realise that their employees are their most valuable resource,
yes, and could I add 'their employees knowledge and experience' to that?
Stage two of the 'write the procedure' school of management is, when it finally dawns on them that all the people who knew anything have gone, is the "We'll get all our detailed design, manufacture, testing, etc, etc done outside, it's much more cost-effective" so they do, and they pay vast sums of money, and they will eventually get a product. But guess what?
a) they can't support it in-house and
b) they have now paid other people to acquire all that skill and knowledge who can sell it again and again, possibly to their competitors and, when they want a new product they pay out again!

But hey - it's an ill wind and all that, guess what I do for a living these days...