PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream Rear Galley Option - Thoughts/Experience?
Old 25th Aug 2013, 15:27
vjs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normally, a rear galley without a rear service door, either on Biz Jets or Airlines is just a pain in the ass.
All catering needs to go thru the cabin to reach the rear galley, on some Biz Jets you may bypass that and route everything to the usual small(Bizjets, except CL850) cargo compartment.
Servicing the rear galley - much harder then a fwd one

Pax comfort : Same. Think being in your pax shoes, would you really like someone all the time in the cabin with you. Privacy is much easier to obtain if the galley is up front.

Crew comfort: True, as a flight deck member I would not mind if the FA is (some of them ) most of the flight at the other end of the aircraft trapped. Maybe the only plus point for me opting for a rear galley.

Crew comfort V.2: As mentioned already, it might get tricky to bring food and drinks fwd during a night long rangeflight with sleeping pax.

Not to mention the stains you create to get all the waste out using a beautiful light coloured cabin .

I think rear galleys are a nice thing to ADD on superheavy Biz Jets(BBJ+), below that it's just a wrong turn taken from the producer.