PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 25th Aug 2013, 10:29
fenland787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just my time of life or do I find myself increasingly living in a society who's views are shaped by hysterical headlines and Farcebook?
Re this tragic incident, from the Guardian :

Bob Crow, general secretary of offshore union RMT, said: "RMT and Unite have worked with all sectors of the industry to address the concerns of our members and rebuild that confidence. Last night's events have undone all of that work and we anticipate an outpouring of anger."
So Mr Crow, presumably, knows exactly what happened, who was to blame, who deliberately allowed the flight to happen despite the knowledge that it would end in tragedy? I do wish he would share.

This is a sector of the industry I know little about and from posts here there seems to be a history of issues that deserve examination and analysis, but given Mr Crow and his colleagues state they have been trying to 're-build confidence' I can only assume up to last Friday they were happy everything was as safe as it could be?

When the facts are known, there may indeed be a cause for anger, I just feel it's premature and such language, at this time, is unhelpful to all concerned and, in particular, can do nothing to help those directly affected by the tragic event.