PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul - selection and terms
Old 25th Aug 2013, 09:54
ENSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be happy for two things; the job you have and that others are happy about the offer from NLH.
The problem, friend, is that the job I have is under direct threat from jobs like yours. When you operate cheaply, my company can no longer compete... thereby forcing us down to your level or have no job at all. Which, as you infer, is probably making me a little upset and a little less happy than I should be. But, as I've previously stated, that is marked forces at play and proves the point that I'm overpaid compared to those willing to do it for less.

But have no doubts that in the future you yourself will be underbid. It's all math really; getting down to the lowest common denominator. The cheapest pilots set the floor for the rest of us.

Now, I don't want to spend my life commuting to Bangkok or some other pirate's cove so I figure my days might soon be numbered. And just to be clear; the only disagreement between you and I pertains to how we value ourselves. I wish you the best of luck and I have no doubt about the success of NLH. But constant jet lagged fatigue lived under the heavy weight of a 3 year renewable contract for pennies and stamps just isn't worth it for me.

As for me spending my Saturday evenings on PPrune; with your extensive experience I'm sure you're familiar with 18hour layovers in airport hotels where WiFI and the lobby bar make for the only entertainment.