PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 25th Aug 2013, 09:53
thelearner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was not being Ironic. There are indeed a lot of very sensible and clever people working offshore, with good IQ levels, and I had not intention of demeaning any of my colleagues. But there are many who are not well educated and will not understand complex technical issues, and can be easily led and influenced by the opinions of those that make the most noise - this is my personal opinion based on my experience which will be very centred on a specific bunch of rigs. I have read some of the Facebook stuff - and emotions are even running high with some people I know are sensible and clever, and their posts surprise me.

But let's be clear - there is huge concern over the UK Sector safety record by everyone now in the workforce, with the super puma in particular, and by the workforce at all levels. So don't "dismiss" it because of some of the stuff and posts on Facebook. The very serious question of why are the statistics so different to the Norwegian sector needs to be answered.

I think the Helicopter Steering group have taken the correct action.