PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 25th Aug 2013, 03:21
iamthetroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malabo:

That depends on the brief. Normally it would be a coupled approach given it was not for training, and in the L2 that tends to take the form of a 3-axis, though this may vary between operators. It's flown on the Bar-Alt set to Sumburgh QNH.
APP would be in use to maintain the LOC, with an ALT acquire set about 50ft above MDH (as the L2 has the habit of dipping past the alt acquire and then climbing back up to capture), VS engaged and would be varied to maintain the glide profile.
The stage they were at the DH would be zero on both sides of the cockpit (though this is something that may vary between operators).
If they had opted for a 4-axis coupled the only variation is that IAS would be held and adjusted in tandem with VS, maintaining glide profile.

As I said, it depends on the brief... There is nothing to stop the crew agreeing to it being flown manually, , or with the flight director if they can justify it (for example: if the autopilot was playing up earlier in the flight).

As for where you are when you reach the end of the procedure: I believe it's around 0.5mile grom the threshold, though that is off the top of my head. So I'm open to be corrected in that.