PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2013, 23:19
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish to apologise for my recent rambling postd
Im simply not like it in real life.
Im currently going thru hrll in my life . Lost my job etc.
The medication given loosens my tounge and I end up spouting rubbish.
However I am genuinely passionate anout seeing both our local regional airports thrive.
It wad mentioned a few posts up that folk beleived that an airport was a local service and a rigjt.
I still think thats true. Perhaps local government need to lobby airlines and partially subsides routes as a kind of kiclstarter campaign style to encourage growth anf new routes.
I think DSA should be strongly looking to pull in some high profile freight routes. Perhaps as places like manchester start to fill up and witha new logidtics and rail hub such a thing might be the way forqard.
Its disapointing that DSA missed out on SAS.
Do id like to throw open the discussion as clearl5 most if not every route suggestions for DSA are met with derison and ridicule.
The law of averages stands to reason we will eventually get new routes so cmon guys rather than shoot me or others for suggesting any new routes could never happen.
Then tell us what woulf you suggest?.
Might we see more domestic links?
How about Edi and Inverness One the obvious captial of Scotland and way faster than train and light years quicker than car.
Amsterdam or Frankfurt? Both hubs.
Are these pheasible?.Amd who would operate them.
It seems every other airline suggested here is dismissed as a looney idea and posters are meant to feel stupid.
Southampton would maybe work by linking uo cruise passengers.
On the Jet2 thread Someone aluded to the possibility of an Alc-Huy. If that happened surley it proves its not impossible.
And final question. Dsa does seem swamped with bucket and spade routes (wizzair excepted).
So where next.
And my apologies again for out of it posts