PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225
Thread: EC225
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2013, 11:48
Pittsextra

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Bristow return

I don't think this is a result of any additional works been carried out at Bristow but more just giving themselves room to move. Unfortunately for Bristow their quarterly business reporting period is within days of EADS. As we know earlier in 2013 certain comments made from Bristow CEO seemed to suggest their view on return to service was different to the "reported to shareholders" view.

Obviously it's one thing to be casual with remarks to the press and another to have your words recorded on an earnings conference call with the people who own you. Which is important to remember - whilst operationally it might not figure at some point in the chain somebody has real money invested.

I think after the various backtracking in the early part of the year Bristow came up with the line which was "return to revenue service" by the end of 2013. Giving them time to bed system and process and allow them room in conversation to align and not seem to contradict Eurocopter.

One element which was very poorly managed by Eurocopter through the 225
issues was consistent communication. They would report one thing to (for instance) shareholders which was totally different to that being presented to the oil and gas industry and operators. Because there was nothing officially released by Eurocopter it was easy to see how rumour and misunderstanding could spread. For example one large US institution advising investors thought at one point ALL eurocopters worldwide were grounded!

Sadly for a while it demonstrated Eurocopters poor relation position in the EADS group. Clearly the recent accident isn't going to help matters re: clarity of the issues although the new 225news website is a big step although my only complaint is that should have been available as a single point of reference in Q1 2013.