PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2013, 10:22
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed the report mentioned many inconsistencies with the data presented from the 3 airlines. How can you draw conclusions from that data that they admit is inconsistent or incomplete? Were they even Aus airlines?

They also stated something about data collected from cadets at the 5 year mark. Apart from Qantas cadets what other airline is Aus has had cadets flying the line for 5 years. I don't think Rex got a kid online til mid 2009!
Having been on line for a while now I can confidently say that the majority of Captains I fly with say that they would prefer to fly with an ex cadet than a direct entry.

We provide precise, intelligent and robust applications of the required procedures and when it comes down to it this is what provides the best practice and safest outcome.

For all of those applying for the Virgin cadetship, best of luck!

Remember that in the interview they want to see someone who is confident and able to speak up when required.

For the first few years of your flying career you will be flying with many old Captains who think that they know so much more than you, have seen it all, done the hard yards blah blah blah but the reality is you will end up saving their a*rse more than once because they can't see past their own ego.

It is the way of the future and 20 years from now just about all RPT Captains will be ex cadets and as the statistics already show the standards, professionalism and consequently safety will all be improved!

Good luck to all