PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Today, August 24th
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2013, 00:43
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting post 'Sherm' from the heart no doubt & a good read but I doubt it will have any effect although well meaning for the future of Australian aviation.
Enough water has passed under the aviation bridge now that it's a very diff landscape with an ever increasing pilot group coming into the system that had nothing to do with WW3 & it won't be too many years when pretty much all the 89's will be but just a memory in the annuls of our at times ugly aviation industry.
The Australian Govt is mostly the problem & always has been as what we have here is a dysfunctional governing system that any forward long term planing (which not only involves aviation) is simply not possible due the short tenure of any particular political party that has the reigns. Business is dirty & that includes aviation.
The unions have less & less clout these days, '89 showed what was possible with a very poisoned Govt back then. Aviation is no longer a respected industry, it's just another form of transport (always has been) that we now see is affordable to those that once caught a Grey Hound bus to Syd.
Low fares, Airlines undercutting each other (they are their worst own enemies) the 'them & us' mentality & mass transport as common as going to the local corner store to buy milk means we the aviation employees are but just tools to be used, don't like it?....them leave there will be another one around the corner to fill yr pace. I love flying, always have & I try to put in 101% into any Co I work for but it's getting harder & harder to sustain that enthusiasm.

I feel for those that lost their future, their families back then near 25 yrs ago & their hope for without hope we have nothing. It changed my direction but & adjusted like we all have to do when a major event happens like that
Lets all 'HOPE' that we have learnt from that mess, learnt enough for the 'new breed' to cope with an every changing & mostly unknown industry that was once a proud part of Australia's past.

Humans are very tolerant, we adapt & get on with the job & we Aussies are a tuff bunch at times

The above is just an opinion.

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 24th Aug 2013 at 00:47.