PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2013, 08:10
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automatically quoting a previous post

Originally Posted by A Squared
regarding quoting a post. As far as I nobody has the option to automatically quote a previous post, you have to type it in yourself. In your reply to window, click on the little yellow dialog symbol just at the top of the box. This inserts (quote) (/quote) except that it's they're enclosed in square brackets, not parentheses. In between these type or cut and paste the text you want to quote. When done correctly, it will show as shaded, quoted text when in your post.
Just a little public-service message from someone who is appreciating the discussion here:

When you click on the "Reply" icon, the URL in the browser address bar is filled in and you are redirected to a blank message pane where you can start writing. For example, when I clicked on "Reply" just now, the browser showed
and gave me an empty "Reply to Thread" message box in which to start writing this.

When you are replying to a post and want it automatically quoted in your reply, click on "Reply", but don't start writing yet. Instead, go up to the string in the address bar and manually delete the last "1" (you can delete the whole "&noquote=1" if you want, but simply deleting the "1" has the same effect), and hit return to reload the page. Hey presto, you're back at the the previous "Reply to Thread" box but the post you're replying to is pre-loaded as a quote.

Hope that helps. It's easier to do than to explain!