PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2013, 06:49
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by THEPRFCT10
A Squared: sorry, I may have missed it if mentioned earlier, but if the Jepp Plate is in fact in error, how would one know? Was it in the NOTAMs? Sorry, I must have missed it.

(Again, I don't seem to have an option to 'quote' any replies)
Apparently the change was at one time included in the FDC NOTAMS. Presumably it was not at the time of the accident as the correction hd been made to the FAA charts and FDC NOTAMS are deleted once the change has been published on the charts.

Regardless, they were in fact on an authorized procedure. The fact that their charts may have indicated otherwise in error is completely irrelevant to the accident itself.

regarding quoting a post. As far as I nobody has the option to automatically quote a previous post, you have to type it in yourself. In your reply to window, click on the little yellow dialog symbol just at the top of the box. This inserts (quote) (/quote) except that it's they're enclosed in square brackets, not parentheses. In between these type or cut and paste the text you want to quote. When done correctly, it will show as shaded, quoted text when in your post.