PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Sacks Captain Goss
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 23:10
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parat won over Ryanair Court of Appeal
The Court of Appeal has a ruling concluded that the former Ryan employee, Alessandra Cocca, can sue the company for the Norwegian court. Court of Appeal ruling is in line with current EU law, as opposed to what Moss Court previously found.

Parat has brought the case on behalf of Alessandra Cocca with intervention from LO and LO's legal department. Christen Horn Johannessen has represented Cocca in the case.
- Verdict is in line with what we have claimed and are in line with current EU law. In our assessment of the legislation could not court reach a different result. Norwegian law must prevail in Norway, says Horn Johannessen Parat. Deputy Parat, Vegard Einan, Ryanair hopes will appeal to the Supreme Court. - Ryanair went hard after ruling in court and I look forward to whatever they want to do. Verdict in the Court of Appeal confirms our assertion that Ryanair systematically and at the coarsest have violated Norwegian law for many years. This ruling protects Norwegian workers' rights against large corporations who think they freely can choose which laws to follow, says Einan. Einan says ruling will have consequences for all other airlines based in Norway. - Regardless of country of registration of the aircraft will employees base in Norway have full rights under Norwegian law says Einan. Court of Appeal's decision on Norwegian jurisdiction may be appealed to the Supreme Court. Questions about the choice of law is not yet considered by the court and will later come up Moss Court. - In this ruling the Court of Appeal, it will be virtually impossible for the court to reach a different result than that Norwegian law shall be applied when the case comes up for Court ruling to the Court of Appeal is formulated, says Horn Johannessen.

Parat - Parat vant over Ryanair i lagmannsretten

Good riddance MOL.