PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 17:48
james brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of ifs buts and maybes here folks. If EZY don't move the goalposts you may get these big salaries if you get a command in a decent timeframe. Given that the biggest shareholder is lobbying for a slowdown in expansion and for fleet replacement instead where will the commands come from? Oh thats right, from the people leaving as fast as they can for BA/Emirates/Virgin/Monarch. Met an old friend who flies a biz jet having left EZY a while back. Loves it, and earns more.

Home every night. Yep, but at what time, 0200, 0300? Or if on earlies leave the house at 0400? Not exactly high quality home time.

Don't be mistaken. I like EZY and they have been a tremendous success story. But a balanced argument must be heard, especially for those who are in turmoil about spending in the area of £26k all in, up front, cash in return for a rubbish starting salary, no permanent contract and no doubt a move to LGW.

John Smith. Have you in fact stopped to wonder why the European bases are on a much better deal than the UK? I'd be annoyed if I were a UK based Captain and I met a French based FO on more than me. In fact I had the pleasure of meeting a French based chap recently in Lyon who laughed at how he is much better off remaining an FO there than taking a command and the mandatory move to LGW. You also mention Lisbon. That is what EZY want to, and eventually will do to all new crew. Do you think the disparity is a mistake, or was done to look after the French guys? No. they will do their worst to you they can get away with, as is demonstrated there. I'd be interested in your view on these disparities EZY chaps.

Good luck to all those in the process. I for one am glad I'm not, and didn't attempt to be. Regional flying may be less well remunerated by 20% or more, but I get home by 2100 at the latest, or leave at 0700 earliest. That is what I call home every night.

As a postscript I do agree with the posts which say solidarity on an individual level is a waste. You won't get a better offer at EZY. And over time only worse. There is a queue of inexperienced children with papa's cash in their back pocket who will take it. Which I suspect is what EZY are looking for, they just tried it on a bit in the meantime to see how desperate those with experience really are. If you want your experience to be taken seriously I suspect Jet 2 is the place for you. Or business aviation at the upmarket level, where these salaries are bottom end.

Best Wishes to everyone on this post.