PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 16:41
stiglet

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Lord
I'm not extolling the virtues of this offer. What I'm trying to say is once in and on permanent contracts the conditions are OK and the renumeration is reasonable. Most of us didn't start on good contracts. I struggled for 5 years on poor pay and long hours, and later had to move from the LHS to the RHS with the corresponding drop in salary to move to where I wanted to be. That was my choice and that may be what some have to consider now and it is not an easy decision especially if you have a family.

FWF
I'm not saying this is perfect, I'm not saying this is even good and sure enough there are other offers that could have been made. However this is the hand that has been dealt and the vacancies will be filled. Moaning about it is, in my opinion, not going to improve the offer. For those then who are offered the position there may be a dilemma. What is also true is that in part this offer to rated or experienced pilots has come about by a push from those inside so don't keep harping on to us about supporting fellow pilots.

De fumo
easy will get the pilots who feel they can cope with the situation and it is an insult to them for you to assume they will only be the ones with low or questionable experience. The sad situation is that we will undoubtably miss out on some very good candidates who for all sorts of reasons cannot accept it, but that is life.

As has been said before if easy don't get sufficient candidates they will just go back to only recruiting direct from the schools. I hope for those of you who don't accept the offer there are no regrets in a few years.

Either way I'm not pushing this offer, I'm just pleased for the sake of pilots who have chosen a different route into the airlines that easy are now considering employing from a wider pilot base.