PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 15:14
Fair_Weather_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with de fumo, it's easy to get desperate, vulnerable pilots who will do anything for a job and bring their train wreck life to EZY. Colgan Airlines, did it and look where it got them.

As for the happy EZY skippers, well I would be too if I was on a six figure salary, stable job, fixed roster, UK base I wanted and all the lovely things that are not on offer in this contract. EZY are trying to screw you at your point of entry into the company and will do the same in the future. The next big assault will be on Captain pay and that will be when the next "bump" in the industry happens. If I was joining EZY now, I would never expect the current Captain deal.

As for how to negotiate a fair deal for new joiners? Well, how about safety? Do you really want to recruit experienced pilots who are being stung for a large lump sum and then paid badly and given zero security? Do you think these guys will be well rested, not turn up sick and speak up regarding safety concerns? What would the financial impact of a Colgan style crash be on EZY? What, the new joiner may earn in 5-10 years is irrelevant, if a large number of employees are marginalized and put into a crisis by deals like this.

I was hoping that this recruitment drive would see a return to the old TRSS scheme which was neither a financial giveaway for the company nor an exploitative deal for the new joiner.

Last edited by Fair_Weather_Flyer; 21st Aug 2013 at 15:21.