PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 13:35
pi3lot_1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few qs on sim

Thanks again for info/answers on the previous post I put on.

With regards to the sim assessment,

1. What does PLT on the cx-list mean? Sorry I just have not one across this before and cannot seem to find an answer for it?

2. With the Autopilot in, it says I can make my own MCP selections, can I
also set my own courses and freq or do I need to ask the PM to do this?

3. For the SE IlS, with AP in I presume I can make my own MCP selections?

4. How short is a short briefing? Could anyone give me an example of a short briefing they would like to hear?

5.is the PM there to do pretty much anything, eg get weather, clearance etc, is there supposed to be any handover of control for me to ser up for the approach or is it just a case of set your own bugs and then call for the cx list, I suppose that comes back to who is able to set courses and freq?

6. As has been mentioned the sim sounds like it counts for a lot, anyone have any ideas of what they are looking for ie, someone who has not flown a 767 before, is it done deliberately to throw you in the deep end,

7. On the VOR app, the chart just says to start turn within 11nm, any suggestions about close to 11nm you should leave it?

Sorry I know there is a lot of questions there and I know I will be able to ask in the orientation but just trying to gather as much info at this stage as I can

Thanks
Steve