PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 12:03
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Book & GroupThink (Board style)

Two questions with comments embedded;
1. What interest would there be amongst those PPRuNe-ers who have been active on thread (or following it closely) in a new thread for discussion amongst and between members who are reading the "Rethinking" book (Kindle, Majorly Tall Woman, Mortared Brick or from whatever source derived)? I hesitate beyond pausing to start a thread that would just draw contempt ridicule derision and derisive scorn from the cognoscenti for whom it would be intended to be interesting / useful / informative / maybe entertaining (though not while driving but I digress). If Oprah can have a book club, well, the million-plus PIC hours -(aggregate) frequent drivers club could have very stimulating and learned discussion of what those who are reading the book - promoted by the ghost of 1354 - think of particular arguments developed therein, and so on. Kind of like recurrent training, but not on the dynamic motion base six-degrees-of-freedom Magenta Line queen. Maybe it might even build toward consensus for a return to hand-flying as an emphasis in CAAs. What sayeth the Community herein?

2. Does anyone know whether, and if so to what extent, the attitude and expertise very manifest in-thread -- the drill into it, hit all the details, keep going until the facts are assembled Complete(ly), speak your mind freely on all matters of interpretation or conjecture, and just a general refusal to accept the Big Shrug (in my steel mill youth, I recall, a Safety placard read: Accidents Don't Just Happen. They Have Causes. no shrug allowed) -- this level of expertise exists and is applied at NTSB, right? Right? But do they (the Board staff) have a process like the GroupThink that has produced this thread? Yeah, that too: I hope the Board staff is right over yonder, lurkin' away.

I'm WillowRun 6-3, which BTW does not stand for "verbose lawyer". Good Day and "be careful out there"