PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 10:48
stiglet

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Lord Spandex Masher
I don't see the logic of your belief in me being responsible for the deterioration in T&C in easyJet or the industry. I for one have stood up to be counted in that arena; have you?

James
Yes we all accept the starting salary is not good but it does improve with opportunities that come up more rapidly than most other airlines especially if you get in early.
As for the rewards, I believe the package compares favourably ith other UK airlines: a) easyJet salary when permanent is fair, b) good loyalty bonus, c) access to SAYE and BAYE schemes which have benefited from the share price, d) bonus scheme if targets are met, e) adhoc free shares which have been given regularly, f) salary sacrifice available to uplift pension contributions if you wish, g) opportunities to move to Europe if that is where your heart lies, h) P/T opportunities, i) reasonable employer.
Conversely we do work hard.

So if you want to be based in the UK, home every night, flying good well maintained equipment, with as secure an airline as there is today then they don't come much better.
Short term pain yes, most of us have been though that at some point. I sympathise, but if you can take the hit, and I know that is very subjective then I believe the gamble will be worth it in the long run.

Good luck to all and I hope you get the opportunity to make that decison for yourself.

PS James - I'm a long term skipper and I still love it. Now you do know one.

Last edited by stiglet; 21st Aug 2013 at 10:54. Reason: adding the PS