PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Sacks Captain Goss
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 10:37
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BN2A

Organised crime boss versus an AOC holding airline operation regulated by an independent authority, yep, I see the similarities.

after all there was no hard evidence
I am amazed that you think it wrong to want to have factual evidence before imposing such a slur on an organisation's name, that remains my opinion but I do also understand the complexities of the case and that hard evidence may well be hard to gather, which i do agree doesn't mean it doesn't actually happen.

What if we turned this situation around 180 degrees and an advert were placed in a national newspaper and claimed Capt X, Y or Z were unsafe at operating a plane, that also disregarded regulations and bullied their colleagues into doing things which were unsafe but was unable to offer hard facts to back up the allegations, do you think those accusations would be justifiable without hard facts in a court of law when Capt X, Y and Z sue for defamation.

In fact, if I was one of the captains with such allegations against me, I would very much want the accuser to be ale to offer hard facts against me to back up such damaging accusations.

The law works on evidence beyond reasonable doubt, if we don't have the law we have chaos.

Last edited by south coast; 21st Aug 2013 at 11:36.