PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankstown to Birdsville
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 09:51
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NOBODY goes near the crapper on Sunday morn unless yr still drunk as a skunk & smell like one too The hot water was straight from the hot springs right behind the Loos/showers.......Never seen so many naked women (& men) all in the ladies showers as the men's was a right off!!!!
One year we stopped overnight at "The Hill" (BH) on the way to BDV just to make the trip more interesting. Next day we launched & arrived early morning at BDV, set up camp & never saw the plane again 'till late arvo. Opened the door of the Lance & wham!!!!! the smell near killed a couple of us coming back for a late arvo snooze. We 4 got about the fish & chook raffle someone had won at the pub the night b4 in BH, that was thawed out & sitting in the plane all locked up in BDV in the hot sun where the temp was almost enuf to cook the stuff!!

Drum fuel back then (near $200 bucks a drum!!!!....how outrageous!) & only a couple of hands pumps floating around amongst the several hundred planes.
Some fond memories all those years ago that I'll take to my grave, some things a guy never discusses especially here:-)

"JR" I still have that damned repetitive thump thump thump coming from Fred's boxing tent in my brain after all this time:-(

Wmk2 (in his younger silly days)

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 21st Aug 2013 at 09:52.