PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 08:57
james brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pitotheat

The answer is there is no business case but it is a sign of hard lobbying by Pilots
I think you're talking rubbish there. It is because they would have to pay the going rate to type rated guys, with no bond. This way they make a profit on the course, and pay them peanuts with no commitment from EZY. And if the company was trying to screw future commands for FO's how is it a rosy future. Looks to me like the company is desperate to screw pilots at every stage.

Stiglet. What rewards are you talking about. Do you get pots of gold on the side. From what I can see it's a crap starting salary, an even worse rip off for the course, followed by a distinctly average salary throughout the career.

It's an interesting thread. However I don't think it's the rosy place all the EZY guys are painting. Sure if you're a 10 or 15 year skipper it's good. But joining now you will always be on the back foot. Lets face it it's not BA. This queue of potential joiners are only interested because there is nothing else. Lifestyle. Not really. Guys I used to fly with who are there say it's killing them. especially the 5 earlies. I don't know one long term skipper who still loves it. And a few who are looking at various bus contracts overseas to get out.

Just pointing out it's not all rosy. Worth a thought before you shell out 24k plus the sundry costs.