PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radio Transmissions
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 08:32
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Humberside's radar service a couple of years ago, director was vectoring a pass jet onto the ILS (or trying to). There had been a meet of microlights at a nearby airfield and about 10 departing motorised snot rags were all chatting to each other about what an wonderful day they had had etc on the director frequency.

Harrased controller told them to clear frequency immediately, followed by a GA guy transmitting for a good 10 seconds saying he had never heard such terrible radio discipline and they were a disgrace blah blah. Humberside director much wailing and gnashing of teeth by this point...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crossing a certain airport's CAS recently on a VFR clearance but murky day.

'G-** Maintain 3,000', turn left 270, traffic departing to your north'.

'3,000 on 270 G-**. I'll be India Mike Charlie on 270, request change of clearance to IFR'

'G-** remain VFR but in cloud.'

Er...rightio then...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My home airfield. Often told to orbit a certain point inbound while they deal with the heavy stuff. After one such hold, orbiting for around 10 minutes and all quiet on the radio front I thought I ought to drop a hint

'G-** still orbiting'

'Ah......yes, circuit clear what sort of join would you like?'

'Would one that ends in a landing be too much trouble?'